1. A first-class, comprehensive home-study course written by professional writers.
2. 20 writing assignments to give you the necessary writing practice. Most of the time you write the sort of material that you can submit for publication as soon as it is good enough.
3. Your writing is corrected by experienced tutors – all published writers.
4. You are encouraged to write because you work within a carefully structured framework.
5. We provide all the help we can to sell your writing giving you the chance to earn while you learn.
6. You have a no-risk, full refund of fee Guarantee.
7. You have your course on 15 day inspection.
8. We will pay you £10 if any assignment is not corrected properly – that is how seriously we take your tuition.
9. If, for any reason, we believe you have no chance of becoming a published writer, we will tell you at the start of the course and refund your fees in full.
10. You can write and study at the speed which suits your lifestyle.
11. You study and write whenever and wherever it’s most convenient.
12. Your tuition programme is very flexible and can be varied to incorporate your own project if required.
13. Extra coaching is available if you need it.
14. You can complete your fees by easy instalment payments if this will help you.
15. There is a generous discount if you send your fees in one payment.
16. You have two supplements as free additions to your course. Style, Punctuation and Spelling and Getting the Most From Interviews by Iain Pattison
17. Help and advice is available, before and after you enrol, from our experienced Student Services team.
18. You are given advice about agents, vanity publishers, contracts and dealing with editors and publishers.
19. Publication of your writing early in your studies is quite possible (though not guaranteed). Some students have had their work published after only two assignments.
20. You are awarded a Certificate of Competence as soon as you have earned your course fees from published writing.
21. You are sent the full course by courier as soon as you enrol. If you enrol online you can access your materials immediately in the student area.
22. There’s a thriving student community where you can chat with other writers, ask for or offer advice and share your success.
23. Your course comes in an attractive presentation box that will protect your books, keep them neat and tidy and look great on your book shelf.
24. The course is your property to keep. It is always there for reference whenever needed.
25. There is a range of specialist courses to choose from if you already know the type of writing you want to develop.
26. The Comprehensive course and the personal tuition service is ideal for beginners. It gives you the essential grounding and encouragement that all new writers need.
If you would like to be a writer then request a free Creative Writing course prospectus with no obligation to enrol.
“I’m currently working on my fourth book, have been paid for my writing by at least 15 different magazines, and now earn half my income from writing – all thanks to The Writers Bureau’s course."
Sarah Plater - Writers Bureau Writer of the Year 2017