Can I Become a Published Writer?
Yes – the beauty of writing is that anyone can do it. All publishers are really interested in is how well you write – they are not concerned about your:
- age – publishers are not interested in how old you are, unless it’s integral to the writing, such as an article about your experience in the war years.
- location – you can be anywhere in the world as long as you have the means to send your work either hard copy or electronically to the publisher.
- back-ground – this is irrelevant in writing as anyone can write about anything, all you need is the ability to research well.
- culture – as with background, publishers are not concerned about what culture you come from.
- sexual orientation – another factor that is irrelevant to publishers.
- gender – you can be male and write fantastic stories or articles for women and vice versa, gender is not important.
- educational achievements – as long as you can write well publishers are not interested in what educational achievements you attained unless you hope to write as an ‘expert’ on a subject.
If you want to find out more about being a published writer request a Writers Bureau Comprehensive Creative Writing course prospectus today!
Found these tips useful? Then sign up to receive more writing tips and course offers.