Student Log In
33 Years of Success!

Tel: +44 161 819 9922

Forum Home :: Help with assignments - stuck?

Back

Assignment 2 - Fillers issue

Maurizio P - March 23, 2021 writes:

Hi All, I'm trying to do the assignment 2. However, I'm stuck with regards the fillers. I noticed that in the "Reader's digest" they public fillers, but there are not the length request from the assignment. Do you have any idea of other magazines and/or newspapers that public fillers? How can I handle this problem?
Comments

preet d - March 23, 2021 replied:

Hi Maurizio. You are not the first student to experience difficulty with this filler assignment. I wrote my filler as a short article of around 470 words aimed at an online sports magazine. I received very positive feedback from my tutor and submitted it for publication. To date it has not been published but it was still a good piece of work. Hope this helps. Warmest regards from Preet.

Maurizio P - March 25, 2021 replied:

Many Thanks Preet. I will try to work out a possible short article. I've to find something original as well as interesting to describe. All the best and see you soon

Alan G - March 30, 2021 replied:

I think Reader's Digest would be fine for the assignment, sometimes their fillers are up to 120ish words long. And they pay £30, which sounds great! I'd be interested to know if anyone has had any luck with them, as they haven't published any of mine.

Annemarie Munro Writers Bureau's Student of the Year 2022

"I have seen my writing journey as an adventure: What can I write? What am I best at? What new aspects of writing can I discover and contribute towards? I have welcomed the wide range of modules covering different types of writing, challenging me to try new aspects in style and content, pushing me gently outside my comfort zone with encouragement.

"I signed up for the course in December 2020 as a Christmas present to myself and I started the first module in January 2021. I have had eight pieces published: three paid earning £1080 and a star letter where I won a £250 hotel voucher."

Annemarie Munro - Writers Bureau Student of the Year 2022

Read Annemarie's full story

Institute of Training and Occupational Learning

Bookmark and Share