Student Log In
33 Years of Success!

Tel: +44 161 819 9922

Forum Home :: Help with assignments - stuck?

Back

Help with assignment 2!

Terri S - September 18, 2015 writes:

Hi I've recently started the comprehensive writing course and I'm struggling with how to identify filler slots. And can I write about anything for a filler? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Comments

Ruth T - October 1, 2015 replied:

I'm in the same situation. I've bought a Reader's Digest which is the traditional filler slot magazine but those at the bottom of articles are all pulled from websites. There's Laughter and Life's Like that - do we just make up something? But this is the non-fiction section and that's fiction. Confused. Advise also required.

Ruth T - October 1, 2015 replied:

Just seen this link in an earlier thread. https://esthernewtonblog.wordpress.com/markets-for-freelancers/

Jodie T - November 15, 2015 replied:

In women's magazines fillers are often tips and bright ideas pages, or reader recipes

PEO P - January 20, 2016 replied:

Compliments of the new season. I think for jokes we just write either something we have heard or read, I did that but I have not submitted the assignment because I only have one filler of 100 words. For recipes does the magazine ask readers to send their recipes ? Can anyone share with me a readers rants, does one just write it responding to an article in the publication or there will be a specific request?

Annemarie Munro Writers Bureau's Student of the Year 2022

"I have seen my writing journey as an adventure: What can I write? What am I best at? What new aspects of writing can I discover and contribute towards? I have welcomed the wide range of modules covering different types of writing, challenging me to try new aspects in style and content, pushing me gently outside my comfort zone with encouragement.

"I signed up for the course in December 2020 as a Christmas present to myself and I started the first module in January 2021. I have had eight pieces published: three paid earning £1080 and a star letter where I won a £250 hotel voucher."

Annemarie Munro - Writers Bureau Student of the Year 2022

Read Annemarie's full story

Institute of Training and Occupational Learning

Bookmark and Share