Student Log In
33 Years of Success!

Tel: +44 161 819 9922

Forum Home :: Help with assignments - stuck?

Back

Fiction Course - Assignment F9 - International Students

Estelle E - May 24, 2015 writes:

Hello all, After finishing F8 at long last, I now need to start F9. This assignment is to write a short story for BBC Radio 4's 15 minutes slot. The problem is that I cannot submit a story to BBC. They won't accept scripts from overseas. and I do not live in the UK or ROI. This seems to be the case for other English-speaking countries, for example New Zealand. Is there anybody out there not from the UK who knows where I could submit? Thank you in advance, Estelle
Comments

Susan F - June 15, 2015 replied:

Hmm, I'm outside the UK but haven't yet reached that assignment. I took a quick look at the BBC guidelines and couldn't see any requirement that submissions are only from the UK, but maybe I missed it somewhere. In any case, I think I'd go ahead and write the story, and then add a brief note to your tutor with the assignment, explaining the problem.

Estelle E - June 15, 2015 replied:

Hi Susan,
Thanks for your input. I wrote to my tutor, and she says just go ahead and do it. She advises to look for script development companies to write for. They can then submit your manuscript to the BBC. So much for that...I'm listening to downloaded short stories as research for now.
E

Annemarie Munro Writers Bureau's Student of the Year 2022

"I have seen my writing journey as an adventure: What can I write? What am I best at? What new aspects of writing can I discover and contribute towards? I have welcomed the wide range of modules covering different types of writing, challenging me to try new aspects in style and content, pushing me gently outside my comfort zone with encouragement.

"I signed up for the course in December 2020 as a Christmas present to myself and I started the first module in January 2021. I have had eight pieces published: three paid earning £1080 and a star letter where I won a £250 hotel voucher."

Annemarie Munro - Writers Bureau Student of the Year 2022

Read Annemarie's full story

Institute of Training and Occupational Learning

Bookmark and Share