Student Log In
31 Years of Success!

Tel: +44 161 819 9922

Forum Home :: Successes

Back

Letters Page Query

Joanna S - September 20, 2019 writes:

Well done to those of you who have got your letters published in Readers Digest, Take a Break and the like. I was just wondering how long you leave it to hear from each magazine before submitting to some place else. How long does Readers Digest take for example to let you know if your submission has been accepted?
Comments

Michael S - September 24, 2019 replied:

With Readers Digest I was notified about a month after submission, but with Take a Break it was four months. Its different for each publication, and that's the same when submitting articles. Some editors get back to you in a few days, some in several weeks and others don't bother at all. Hope this helps.

Joanna S - September 25, 2019 replied:

Thanks this helps

Thanks this helps

Thanks this helps

Stephanie P - October 3, 2019 replied:

I just won Star Letter in Bella and it was about 2 weeks.

Alice Vinten Writers Bureau's Student of the Year 2020

“All I knew when I joined up with The Writers Bureau is that I'd always wanted to write and never had the nerve to start. I've been an avid reader from an early age, and 'being a published writer' seemed like an unobtainable dream. The Writers Bureau opened my eyes to possibilities that I'd never considered before - writing for magazines, pitching for non-fiction books, and researching the writing industry. On the 18th April 2019, my memoir On the Line - Life and Death in the Metropolitan Police was published in paperback by Two Roads Books.”

Alice Vinten - Writers Bureau Student of the Year 2020

Read Alices's full story

Institute of Training and Occupational Learning

Bookmark and Share