Student Log In
31 Years of Success!

Tel: +44 161 819 9922

Forum Home :: Successes

Back

First Readers Letter Hurrah!

Scott S - July 17, 2019 writes:

Hi all. I am working my way through assignment three of the Creative Writing Course and just this morning received word that one of my letters will be published. To say I am excited is an understatement. I understand that it is small in terms of writing achievements but it is a start! To have anything published is amazing and especially in such a large magazine as Readers Digest. My little letter will be in the August edition, along with a Readers Profile of myself and I get a handsome £30. Onwards and upwards!!
Comments

Michael S - July 17, 2019 replied:

Well done. I submitted a couple of letters to Readers Digest, but haven't been successful with them yet.

Scott S - July 23, 2019 replied:

I think I was just lucky to be honest. Currently searching for more opportunities. How are you finding the course?

Michael S - July 23, 2019 replied:

I'm really enjoying the course and deffinely feel like I'm improving. At present I'm part way through assignment N7 and will be sending it in next week.

AH very good!! I am working on N3 at the moment. Well I have just completed the reading for it and starting the research tomorrow. A few of us are on Skype if you use it? Just to chat, get to know other student & writers, swap experiences etc

I've got an account on Skype but don't really use it. How do I make contact?

just add me as a contact and I will add you into the group. It is a little quiet, much like the forums, but then that is the point, to get to talk when we can! My Skype name is "sparhawk2016"

Thanks will do.

Michael S - August 16, 2019 replied:

This week has been like waiting for a bus, nothing for ages and then two come at once. I have been told that Readers Digest will be printing my, 'You Couldn't Make it Up' story in their September issue and Take a Break will be printing my letter and photo in their September issue. In total that's £70 on its way.

Alice Vinten Writers Bureau's Student of the Year 2020

“All I knew when I joined up with The Writers Bureau is that I'd always wanted to write and never had the nerve to start. I've been an avid reader from an early age, and 'being a published writer' seemed like an unobtainable dream. The Writers Bureau opened my eyes to possibilities that I'd never considered before - writing for magazines, pitching for non-fiction books, and researching the writing industry. On the 18th April 2019, my memoir On the Line - Life and Death in the Metropolitan Police was published in paperback by Two Roads Books.”

Alice Vinten - Writers Bureau Student of the Year 2020

Read Alices's full story

Institute of Training and Occupational Learning

Bookmark and Share