Student Log In
30 Years of Success!

Tel: +44 161 819 9922

Forum Home :: Successes

Back

First Letter Published

David H - July 8, 2019 writes:

I read through module 3, of the training course, and decided to give it a go. I wrote to TV Choice magazine about Top Gear. I followed all the tips. I deliberately chose Top Gear because it is a popular TV show. I devised a letter to the appropriate word count, and I wrote a letter in a similar vein to other letters published in the same magazine. The letter was published in the week of 29th June to 5th July 2019. I received a cheque for £10. The course fee has already started to pay for itself.
Comments

Michael S - July 17, 2019 replied:

Well done.

Willie N - August 31, 2019 replied:

Great start. I've done the 20 module Comprehensive Writing course. There is money to be made using the guidance in those modules. Keep up the graft.

Criselle Nunag Writers Bureau's Student of the Year 2019

“From the course I learned how to study my target audience, identify how to make the most out of my idea/story, do proper research, perform market analysis for my chosen magazine and polish my grammar. The Writers Bureau taught me to write confidently and responsibly. I learned to produce original and interesting stories, I just have to be true to myself. Writing became a fulfilling hobby that pays!”

Criselle Nunag - Writers Bureau Student of the Year 2019

Read Criselle's full story

Institute of Training and Occupational Learning

Bookmark and Share