Student Log In
30 Years of Success!

Tel: +44 161 819 9922

Forum Home :: Successes

Back

Hopefully the first of many

Michael S - June 29, 2019 writes:

Having started the creative writing course in April, I had my first filler published in The Fortean Times magazine in June. Best of British magazine, are also holding on to an article I submitted to them, with a view to publishing it later in the year. On top of all that, I will almost cover the cost of the course from an article I submitted to Real People magazine – which is to be printed in December.I am more than happy with my progress so far and hope it continues.
Comments

Scott S - July 5, 2019 replied:

Hi Michael, That is a fantastic start. Amazingly well done. My first few letters weren't published but practice makes perfect and I am currently writing a few more to send. Amazing work so far. Long may it continue.

Michael S - July 6, 2019 replied:

Thanks.I haven't had any letters published either,but whether it's articles,letters or fillers, once one is published then you've got a benchmark for future submissions. Good luck.

Criselle Nunag Writers Bureau's Student of the Year 2019

“From the course I learned how to study my target audience, identify how to make the most out of my idea/story, do proper research, perform market analysis for my chosen magazine and polish my grammar. The Writers Bureau taught me to write confidently and responsibly. I learned to produce original and interesting stories, I just have to be true to myself. Writing became a fulfilling hobby that pays!”

Criselle Nunag - Writers Bureau Student of the Year 2019

Read Criselle's full story

Institute of Training and Occupational Learning

Bookmark and Share