Student Log In
30 Years of Success!

Tel: +44 161 819 9922

Forum Home :: Successes

Back

my 26th Readers Letter published

Susan K - August 16, 2017 writes:

my 26th Readers Letter published, well about that anyway. Losing Count...sometimes it has been a Rave or even a tip. Sent my first poem in once as a Readers Letter, and it got published, I was so surprised because I thought it was awful but it was a funny incident poem.
Comments

Murtaza S - October 1, 2017 replied:

congratulations and thanks for the tip.

Niyi O - October 18, 2017 replied:

Congrats, Susan. Your successes serve as an inspiration to those of us who are very new here. I'm just wondering if you could share a couple of links to your work to assist me in mastering the art. Thanks you.

Susan K - October 18, 2017 replied:

Give me your email address Niyl and I will type some out. I send them generally to 2 main magazines that I know are good with payments and gifts but I have also done others too and got gifts and cheques from. There is one I had a problem with so I generally omit them. There are Readers letters, Tips on ideas. I have even written poems and they added them to their Readers letters. Basically you need to read some of their magazines and know what sort of thing they are looking for, then do that. A photo always helps ALWAYS generally. So sentd a good one. When I started sending a poem it was a mishap in my life that I turned around into a Poem. I read it a little later and thought how bad the poem was and to my surprise - they printed it, and sent me a prize!! So never discard any idea you have, as long as it goes with their ideas and themes. Really not hard - we limit ourselves sometimes by our own thinking that we are not god enough! We just have to go for it and think we are good enough. Hope that helps!

Niyi O - October 18, 2017 replied:

Great! Very kind of you, Susan.

My email address is Niyionifade@gmail.com

Looking forward to receiving your mail.

Regards.

Niyi O - December 7, 2017 replied:

Hello Susan, I just posted my first achievement on the platform (under Successes) but thought I should return here to give you a special appreciation. Thanks for your last mail which I found to be very helpful I have just received a mail from the Editor of Spirit & Destiny magazine commending the Reader's Letter I submitted on their November 2017 edition of the magazine. I have also been informed that I have won a "Fortifying Green Bath potion worth £27.50". I'm so happy and grateful to you for your guidance. Guess more will still come with determination. Warm regards.

Susan K - December 7, 2017 replied:

Wow, very well done, many congratulations. apart from the prize the biggest thing is knowing how many people will read it after having gone to all the Newsagents in the Country. So happy for you, and thank you for letting me know.

Susan K - December 7, 2017 replied:

Wow, very well done, many congratulations. apart from the prize the biggest thing is knowing how many people will read it after having gone to all the Newsagents in the Country. So happy for you, and thank you for letting me know.

SHILPA S - May 6, 2018 replied:

congratulations and thanks for the tip. | Report Abuse Niyi O - October 18, 2017 replied: Congrats Susan. Thtas is wonderful. You are an inspiration! Was wondering if you could if you could share a few of your works to help me in learning & mastering this unique skill. My id is shah.shilpa@yahoo.co.in Thanks a million!

Criselle Nunag Writers Bureau's Student of the Year 2019

“From the course I learned how to study my target audience, identify how to make the most out of my idea/story, do proper research, perform market analysis for my chosen magazine and polish my grammar. The Writers Bureau taught me to write confidently and responsibly. I learned to produce original and interesting stories, I just have to be true to myself. Writing became a fulfilling hobby that pays!”

Criselle Nunag - Writers Bureau Student of the Year 2019

Read Criselle's full story

Institute of Training and Occupational Learning

Bookmark and Share